Helping you find dream pets nearby according to different preference
Petfinder is a pet adoption app.It helps you find dream pets nearby according to different preference.My goal is to improve its overall UI presentation and UX experience to make users have a more pleasant and intuitive during searching experience and also make an easier and more appealing presentation for pet sharing community, so that users will be more willing to use it.
From the analytics from quantcast database, I observed table of the Petfinder users from demographics, gender, age, ethnicity, education level, children in household, to income. Then, i summarized two features of our target audience:
Persona & User Story:
After conducting the primary research, I created three personas and user stories to synthesize the results better within our design.
I also interviewed three people:
Interview Key Points
After interviewing, I summarized and listed a table of key points they have mentioned
Based on their feedback, I decided to set up three outcomes as main focus:
I first began by taking all of our feedback and generating as many solutions as possible. Producing a comprehensive set of potential answers was the most important part of this stage.
I made low-fi paper prototype for faster user testing and i did two in-person interviews from one of my classmates and my instructor to obtain further feedback.
After refining the ideas from paper prototying, I made the first draft of lo-fi wireframes.
Since i created the 2 possible solutions, I took the advantage of it and put both two cases as A/B testing via online google survey. The survey took one day and night, I revieced total 16 responses and further feedback again.
I tested total 5 screens and the survey results cover both the reasons why users choose thier options and suggestions for more efficient interaction experience.
Improvements for current version
Potential new features
In the new UI design, I echoed the original Petfinder color palette but adding more pinkish and orange warm tone color to bring the user a feeling of ease, pleasure, and being welcomed.
This project was completed in the 10 week period as part of our curriculum for Fall 2018. I was time constrained and had to prioritize features to design and develop. Here are some things i wish i had more time to work on: